Patients who will be referred for a CT exam with oral contrast should follow the preparation instructions below:
- Patient needs to fast 2 hours prior to exam.
- The contrast does not need to be refrigerated. Some patients find that the contrast tastes better if it is cold.
- Patients need to start drinking their contrast 2 hours prior to the exam.
- Please note that the drink may give the patient diarrhea. It is not a laxative and not all patients may experience this.
- Patients may continue all of their medications prior to the CT exam appointment.